Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Back Yard




Today was a pretty amazing day to say the least after waking up 5 am and deciding to start the day with a morning cup of tea and a read I really began to realize how this moment that I have been waiting for has really come at the right time. Looking at the balcony from the living room (pictures about) I really stopped and thanked God for the blessings that he has given me after this long 3 year wait.
Well, after waking up and getting the day started I had the privelage of going to a mens prayer event at South Pacific Bible college where, in the same room, 8 different countries were represented and being a part of a prayer session with several guys from all over the world really opened my eyes to how big God truly is. Listening to the prayers and hearing about what God is doing not only in America (which is was we tend to only think about) but hearing the great things and lives being changed around the world was the greatest thing I really have ever been a part of in terms of prayer.
After that, I was a little hungry....prayer I guess makes me hungry now (lol). So Jim and I headed to the WesPac bank for get some money out and enjoyed eating a meat and pepper meat pie (one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time) and headed to go install two fire alarms in a house for a member of the church.
About 1230 I went over the the elementary school and watched as tons of kids entered the room to teach them about the shepherd and the Lost sheep and of course get a little roudy with them as well..you know me. And I could not help but watch outside the window all the little boys playing rugby, tackling themselves with huge smiles on their faces and being so excited to be exactly where I was at that moment.
Later that day I enjoyed a L&P soda and a cornbeef sandwhich which was totally amazing and it was off to the hot pools. It has been pretty chilly in the morning and at night and so most people around here go to the hot pools. They are like hot tubs that can fit about 500 people in them and there are 5 different pools ranging from cool to super hot and the cool thing about them is that they get their heat from the Mt. which is a volcano and through that they pump it do to heat levels to make the pools different levels of heat. It was so relaxing as I hung out with Jim and Marylin and their long time friends who are missionaries now in Mexico. It was such an amazing expereince to here what God is doing all around the world and taking it all in has really been heart stopping.....God has me hear for a reason and I am just eating it all up.
Later in the evening it was time for small group where we and a few Aussies, Kiwi's, and Americans got together as we watch a video about the different characteristics of who God truly is and it was just great to hear different people talk about how they viewed God (male and female).
Sleeping was coming up right after that and it ended with a great conversation about the Mounts great surf as Jim and I read about the 50 greatest surfers in surfer Magazine. Really cool when a younger surfer like myself get a chance to hear how it used to be from a man from Huntington. What a great day the Lord has made and thanks so much Jim for an exciting day here at the bay

No comments: