Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally

Well,

After many months of prayer, preparation, and determination I have finally arrived in Tauranga New Zealand. To be honest it is a real shock to me as I woke up this morning realizing that I have finally made it to the place that I have been trying to get to for the last 3 years. Do not know how to express the anxiety and the feeling that I had after sleeping 15 hours as I woke up, looked out side, and said to myself, "God, is this really happening."

The flight was great but man was it a really long, long, did i metion it was a long, long day. After getting dropped off at Dallas love and getting to hang out with Cody one last time, for awhile, I boarded my plane and headed to LAX. Well, it turns out that even though southwests slogan is, "You Are Now Free to Move About the Country", I think the word "Eventually" should be stated after that. I was unaware that after we boarded the plane we would be going to San Antonio then in mid-air be told that we are running out of fuel and have to stop in New Mexico.....but "EVENTUALLY" we arrived in LAX only about an hour and a half late....and we were there.

Customs was fun, after dragging my luggage, 110 LBS. of it across the LAX airport I finally found my Qantas destination, checked my bags, and was off the see the guys in red (custom agents). It didnt take me long, no cavity searches or anything like that and except for them giving me the wrong boarding pass (Sondria was here name) it was a great experience. We boarding Qantas and prepared outselves for the 13.5 hour flight to Aukland and then we were off. I must say that flying in a 747 was a great expereince and to be honest put Southwest to shame especially because we didnt have to stop for gas!!!!

I sat next to a guy who was headed to farm in Auckland after living and farming in NYC.....and I had to ask as I am sure everyone else does,"There are farms in NYC....laughing he said he knew I was going to ask. Well after a lot of tossing and turning and movie watching we finally made it to Auckland at 7 am on monday and it was official....I WAS FINALLY HERE!!!!

I got my bags, got picked up by two girls from AIM and headed to Tauranga. We stopped at a McCafe which by the way is the nicest McDonalds ever, yeah i know the first place i ate was McDonalds but it was worth it if you could have been there. We had sausage roles and their famous soda, L & P, and headed on to the most beautiful drive I have ever been on.

It was an amazing first day in NZ and I am so excited to see what today will bring.

No comments: